Who doesn`t likes to try new and various varieties of food? Most of us do. But hardly anyone enjoys doing the dishes. If you belong to that same category of a person, doing dishes will not be a trouble anymore if you have a good dishwasher in your kitchen. Dishwashers not only wash the utensils but also rinse and dry them for you. So if you are in a quest of buying one for yourself, here is your one-stop guide for buying the best dishwasher in India.
Dishwasher Buying Guide
There are many types of Dishwashers available in the market today varying mainly in load capacity, energy efficiency, and size. In this buying guide, we will help you to determine which one is best for you.
3 points you need to consider while purchasing a dishwasher are:-
- Your family size
- Your eating habits
- Space for installation
Now that you have thought about all these 3 factors, let us brief you about different kinds of dishwashers and what are their pros and cons.
Types Of Dishwasher
1. Benchtop Dishwasher
If there are only 1 or 2 people in a household, then you can go for a Benchtop Dishwasher which has a smaller load capacity ideal for 1 or 2 people and is slightly bigger than a traditional microwave. It can be easily carried which makes it great for people who reside in rented accommodation.
Also, there is no fuss of installing it, just put it near the kitchen sink and attach input and output water pipes. Their drawbacks are that they are not as energy efficient as their bigger counterparts and they will occupy space near your kitchen sink while being visible to all.
2. Slimline Dishwasher
The Next ones in line are Slimline Dishwasher. These dishwashers are specifically made for small kitchens where there is a crunch of space and a standard size dishwasher can’t be installed. They are great for space management and can serve a small family well.
They are installed inside your kitchen cabinet space and can be easily concealed by it. Being small also means that they make less noise. Their drawbacks are that they are less energy-efficient than their bigger counterparts and carry fewer loads which can create a problem for you if guests come to your house regularly. Its typical width is around 45 cm.
3. Freestanding Dishwashers
Freestanding dishwashers are your standard size dishwashers meant for an average-sized family but can also cater if you occasional guests. The only requirement of this dishwasher is a tap and a drainage point. If you have a space in your kitchen cabinet then you can place it there and if you don’t have any place in your kitchen then you can place it anywhere you like. It is about the same dimensions as your single tub washing machine and there are plenty of attractive designs available in the market.
4. Integrated Dishwashers
Integrated dishwashers are installed in your kitchen cabinet with a perfect fit and finish. The door of your kitchen cabinet gets attached to the main loading lip of the dishwasher so that they essentially become 1 unit and is properly hidden. It also comes in the standard size with small variations.
How To Use A Dishwasher?
Using a dishwasher is fairly easy. First, scrape off any food from your utensils and ensure that they don’t contain any solid material which can block the drainage pipe. Now, put your utensils in their respective holders.
After that, open up the soap/detergent compartment and fill it up to the displayed mark and close the loading lip. Choose between light or heavy wash and rinse type and let the machine get to work.
Please make sure that you use only dishwasher-safe detergent because if you use normal detergent then it will get leaked and there will be soap bubbles all over your floor.
How To Clean A Dishwasher?
Vinegar is best if you want to deep clean your dishwasher. Just put a cup equivalent of vinegar in a dishwasher safe utensil and place it on the top rack. Remember to turn on the hottest setting for the best results. You can also go for market available alternatives instead of vinegar.
Wondering, which is the best dishwasher in India?
Best Dishwasher In India
1. Voltas Beko 8 Place Table Top Dishwasher
Beko is a Turkish company that has partnered with TATA to launch this line of dishwashers. It is best suited if you are a bachelor or a couple. The price is 20k and it comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It has got 6 modes for different cleaning levels and can be installed and used by anyone.
- A very useful compact machine if you don’t use it for the things it is not intended.
- The drawback is the capacity which can only cater to 2 people efficiently and its longest wash cycle is nearly 2.5 hours which can create problems sometimes if you are in a hurry. The minimum cycle is 30 minutes for lighter loads.
- Its operating time is also quite high because of a small motor so we advise you to run it on full loads only.
2. Siemens 12 Place Settings Dishwasher
Siemens is a very well-known German brand with a good record of reliability. This can cater to a family of up to 6 people. It costs 45k and it comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- It comes laden with modern technology like automatically discharging the right amount of water and detergent for efficiency and saving.
- It also features foldable racks meaning there will be more space for bigger utensils.
- It comes in a brushed stainless steel finish which surely will increase your kitchen décor.
- Although Siemens is known for its quality products recently there has been some news of customers having service problems. We advise you to make sure that you will be able to get proper after-sales service before purchasing it.
3. Hafele Aqua 12S, 12 Place Settings
Hafele is another well-known German brand in the area of kitchen appliances and they are quite good too. It has 12 place settings which are apt for a family of 6-7 members. The price is 40 k and it comes with 2 years of warranty.
- It boasts of features like low water consumption, fully dry utensils, the soft coating on racks for fragile items, silent operation, etc.
- It has intelligently designed shelves which lets you fit more utensils in the same space.
- Good cleaning quality.
- Installation is also done by the company.
- The only drawback is sometimes customers get dented/damaged units and there is no efficient service structure to deal with that.
4. Voltas Beko Dishwasher
Beko is a Turkish company that has partnered with TATA to launch this line of dishwashers. This dishwasher is ideal for a family of 3 or max 4 persons. The price is rather affordable at 26 k and it comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- It boasts of mechanical dampers which results in ultra-low noise.
- It also features a pro smart inverter motor which helps in saving electricity.
- It has 14 places of dishwasher setting for most of your regular utensils. It has 6 wash programs to efficiently clean all types of utensils.
- Although it is a good appliance there are some complaints of consumers that it does not clean well especially the greasy ones which are an essential part of Indian cooking.
5. Voltas Beko 14 Place Settings Dishwasher
Beko is a Turkish company that has partnered with TATA to launch this line of dishwashers. This dishwasher can easily cater to a family of 6 persons and some guests too, occasionally. Price is also a little bit high at 47500/- and it also comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- It comes laden with modern technology like ProSmart inverter technology for reduced noise and energy consumption.
- AquaFlex automatically adjusts the level of water sprays depending on the material of the utensil.
- AquaIntense sprays water efficiently from 360 degrees.
- Reviews are mixed for this dishwasher. Some claim it to be very good, some claim that it is not for heavy greasy utensils. However, it can depend on a lot of things like the number of utensils and the kind of detergent used, so we advise you to contact the authorized showroom for a demonstration or results.
Best dishwashers are not only helpful & save your time but also they are more capable to clean & dry your dirty dishes than hand washes. Maintain hygiene is most important these days so invest in a dishwasher is really a good idea.
1. How much detergent should I use in the dishwasher?
In the detergent compartment, there is a mark displaying the maximum capacity. You should not exceed that mark as it will lead to spillage. As for the correct amount, it will depend on your number of utensils and what type of food you are having. Start from filling to the maximum point and then adjust accordingly to your needs.
2. How much a dishwasher consumes electricity?
It is very economical to use the dishwasher as compared to the standard hand washing. On average, a dishwasher uses around 10 liters of water and around 1.5-2 units of electricity per wash cycle. On contrary, hand washing utensils can go upwards of 30-40 liters even.
3. How to save electricity with a dishwasher?
Try to use the dishwasher only when you have a full load of utensils so that you can use it at its maximum utility or you can use it at the light wash and rinse setting for light loads. Both ways contribute to saving electricity.
4. Name of the items that you should not wash in a dishwasher
Wooden bowls and spoons – it will dry out the essential oils from them, sharp knife – it will dull them, hollow plastic handle utensils – hot water can melt the adhesive in them, ceramic pans, antique cookware’s, acrylic or melamine utensils – it will lead to their color loss and make them hard.