Updated On February 15th, 2021
In This Article, We Are Covering
- Best Home Theatre System In India.
- Best Home Theatre Systems In India Under 30000.
- Best Home Theatre Systems In India Under 20000.
- Best Home Theatre Systems In India Under 5000.
- Home Theatre Buying Guide.
With the recent rise of online streaming services and smart TVs, more and more people are watching TV again. Also, since the lockdown begins in virtually every part of the world due to COVID-19, people turned to find entertainment in their own house.
And what better source of entertainment than the best home theater system on which you can watch all of your movies and shows with theater-like surround noise, play your music for house parties, or play games with all surround voice.
There has been a steep increase in the selling numbers of best home theater systems in India and in this guide; we are going to help you out to pick the right one for you.
Home Theatre Buying Guide
There are 3 main components of a successful home theater system.
- TV/Projector Screen – This is where you will see your video. Nowadays, Smart TVs offer a range of connections and are very easy to connect and use with all of your favorite apps preinstalled in them. However, if you are using an old TV then make sure to check its connectivity options and of the home theater system, you are purchasing so as to avoid any later stage hassle.
- Surroundings – a 2.1 system (3 speakers) in a big room or a 7.1 (8 speakers) in a small room won’t give you the best quality of sound which it is capable of. So, before purchasing make sure to analyze your room and your choice of content to buy the most suitable one for you.
Also, they come in aesthetically pleasing shapes and finish to amp up your room décor, so do check out those ones too or if you like your speakers hidden from sight, then that also you can purchase. Great isn’t it.
- Streaming content – you are buying a home theater system to watch all of your content in theater-like quality obviously. There are 3rd party streaming devices like Chromecast or amazon fire which can give your old TV all the latest functions or you can go for a smart TV right away.
These 3 points need to be considered simultaneously so you can get the best experience of having a theatre like an environment right in your living room.
Types Of Home Theatre Systems
Home theater systems come in 3 different configurations. Let’s take a look at them:
A. 2.1 System
It contains 2 speakers and a subwoofer unit. It is apt for small spaces and for people who like to have a better quality of sound than their TV.
B. 5.1 System
It contains 5 speakers and a subwoofer unit – 1 central, 2 fronts, and 2 surround speakers. It offers an immersive sound experience and is the most popular setup for its good quality of sound and affordability.
C. 7.1 System
It contains 7 speakers and a subwoofer unit – 1 central, 2 front, 2 surrounds and 2 surround back speakers. It offers you the surround sound in its truest form like the one you experience in a movie theater. They are a bit pricey but if you can afford them, they are worth every penny.
When you visit a theater, you may have noticed that some sounds come from a particular direction like a car approaching from the left side will be played by left speakers only of the theater to give you the feel of actually being in the movie. That is what a home theater system intends to do. Higher the number of speakers, the higher the amount of surrounding voice.
How To Use a Home Theatre For Different Purposes?
A home theater is your go-to solution for all your audio needs. You can use it as an alternative to your TV speakers. You can also set up it like a surround system to have the full feel of being in your favorite movies, games, or sports. You can also use it to have your own personal concerts right there in the comfort of your own home, just plug in a mic and start singing.
How Do I Install A Home Theatre System At Home?
There are 2 ways of setting up a home theater system. One is out of the box, in which you buy a completely assembled unit and you just take it out of the box and do the wirings and get going. If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of wires, then there are wireless units available too.
The second way is you pick each component individually. You get a sub-woofer from one brand and speakers or a soundbar from another brand and maybe back speakers from a third brand and then connect them together. This requires a good knowledge of technical knowhow and connectivity options for a seamless experience.
Generally, people go for the pre-assembled units as they eliminate all the hassle and they are auto-tuned to each other.
How Do I Set Up Surround Sound In My Home Theatre?
Surround sound means that you hear voices exactly from where they are coming. Suppose if someone is approaching you from behind then you will hear their footsteps from behind but if you are watching a movie with the same situation, then TV speakers will play that sound in front of you and that just doesn’t give us the actual feel and thrill of movies, sports or games that we are watching.
To set up a surround system, you need to know the placements of different speakers and sub-woofer.
- 1 center speaker will be placed just below your TV.
- 2 front speakers are placed at an angle of 30 degrees and
- 2 surround speakers are placed at an angle of 110 degrees with respect to the position of the couch and the central speaker.
- The subwoofer unit is placed either near the TV or where you will sit to let you feel the intensity of the bass.
- In the case of 7.1, 2 additional speakers are placed at 135 degrees to complete the whole surrounding so you get the full audio experience.
Best Home Theatre System Reviews
Best Home Theatre Systems In India Under 30000
1. Sony Best Home Theatre System
Sony is a brand name that we are quite used to hear for a long time. It is actually a Japanese company with a strong presence in India. The manufacturer’s warranty is 1 year and it is priced at 26k.
- 5.1 Dolby surround sound, 1000W output, comes with S-Master digital amplifier, compact size, Bluetooth and NFC enabled, supports DTH, blu-ray, Miracast, 4K ultra HD, Dolby TrueHD, and Prologic technology.
- Stylish yet powerful offers a great host of the latest technologies and sound-enhancing features at this price point.
- It is a great indoor speaker system but if you try it to put outdoors or wish to install it into your basement turned movie theater room, then it will certainly fall short.
2. Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System
Logitech is an American-Swiss company known primarily for making computer peripherals but they also manufacture home theater systems and that too quite well according to the experts.
The manufacturer warranty is 2 years and it is priced at 25k.
- THX certified 5.1 Dolby surround sound, 1000 watts output, 3D stereo, independently controls the volume of each speaker via wireless remote, easy connection to all modern gadgets.
- A very good product in this price range. It is aesthetically pleasing, offers good sound with a quality base, and very easy to use.
Best Home Theatre Systems In India Under 20000
3. Sony Best Home Theatre System (HT-RT3 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar)
Sony is a brand name that we are quite used to hear for a long time. It is actually a Japanese company with a strong presence in India. The manufacturer’s warranty is 1 year and it is priced at 20k.
- 5.1 Dolby surround sound, 600W output, 10-inch big subwoofer, USB, Bluetooth, and NFC enabled, easy connection to all modern gadgets.
- If you wish to experience a true home theater system sound on a budget, then this is the one to buy.
- It will not provide you with the best in class but it will surely provide you with the best in this price range.
- 10 Best Kitchen Chimney In India [Auto clean, Filterless]
- Best Freestanding & Built-in Dishwashers In India
- How To Choose A Perfect Laptop
- Different Types Of Washing Machines In India
Best Home Theatre Systems In India Under 5000
4. OBAGE 4.1 HT-101 Home Theater Bluetooth System
Obage is an Indian company that is creating some sound in the home theater market with its good value products. Although new still it manages to get its products mentioned amongst the best in the industry.
The manufacturer warranty is 1 year and it is priced at 4.2k.
- 4.1 surround sound, 65W output, 6.5-inch big subwoofer, crystal clear sound easy connection to all modern gadgets.
- It is an indoor speaker system that is apt for watching movies, games, etc.
- It has clear bass, treble and vocal voices.
- It offers all the connectivity options so it is very easy to use and connect.
- If you are looking for loudness or outdoor parties, then this is not the one to go. It is strictly an indoor speaker system in which it does a good job.
5. Philips SPA8000B/94 5.1 Channel Multimedia Speakers System
Philips is a Dutch company with a history of selling products in India spanning over decades. It is one of the oldest and trusted brands in India.
The manufacturer warranty is 1 year and it is priced at 8k.
- 5.1 surround sound, 120W output, 8-inch big subwoofer, sensitivity – 85 DB, and ohm impedance is 4. USB, SD Card slot, Bluetooth enabled, FM, easy connection to all modern gadgets.
- It is a great product if you consider the price range.
- It will not do something extraordinary but will do a decent job until you can buy the top of the line home theater systems.
- It offers all the connectivity options so it is very easy to use and connect.
- Some customers have complained about the voice and bass being too weak but that can be audio settings problem. Experts have marked this product as a medium-range in all categories.
1. What Does 5.1 Surround Sounds Mean?
It means the sound is played from 5 different speakers which are carefully positioned across the room so you hear the voice coming from their actual positions.
It greatly improves your experience of watching and makes you feel like you actually are in the scenes or games or in stadiums.
2. Difference between surround sound and home theater
Home theater is a system of speakers positioned carefully across the room to let you experience the sound from their true origin and space this sound bubble collectively forms is called surround sound as it surrounds the user from all sides.
3. Are soundbars good for home theaters?
In the place of a central speaker, you can opt-out for a soundbar that houses multiple speakers in a long tube.
If you wish your front speaker is louder than the rest of the speakers or you don’t use surround sound often but just on special occasions then a soundbar will be apt for you and no, a single soundbar doesn’t match the sound quality of a home theater system.
4. What is the mean of the channel and also specify the definition of 5.1 channels?
A channel simply means the passage in which a sound is relayed from the source to the speakers.
In dumb words, you can consider speakers as high-frequency channels and subwoofer as low-frequency channels. So, in a 5.1 system number 5 represents 5 high-frequency channels/speakers and .1 represents 1 low-frequency channel/sub-woofer.
5. Difference between the channel and home theatre
A channel simply means the passage in which a sound is relayed from the source to the speakers. A home theater system is a setup of different speakers/channels working in unison.
6. Difference between the speaker and home theatre
Speakers are individual units that can function on their own but a home theater system is made up of several speakers functioning together in unison to give you the best sound quality.
7. Difference between home theatre and amplifier
Amplifiers are those devices that amplify/increases the signal strength received.
Many people use amplifiers in home theatre systems to push even further the sound quality.
There are many kinds of sounds that are loud and some which are very quiet in nature. For example, a horn sound is loud and a footsteps sound is very low. Amplifiers help you to hear them both effectively and enhances the sound quality overall.
8. Which is the best wireless home theatre?
There are many good wireless home theater systems and it really depends on a person’s choice whether he prefers vocal more or bass more or trebles more.
However, you can’t go wrong with home theater systems from companies like Bose, Sony, etc. Just focus on the type of sound quality that you want.