Updated On September 16th, 2021
In This Article, We Are Going To Cover:
- Best Kitchen Hobs In India/Best Hob In India.
- Best Hob Brands In India.
- How Do I Choose A Hob?/Hob Buying Guide.
- What Are The Different Types Of Hobs?
- Best 2 Burner Hob, 3 Burner Hob in India, Best 4 Burner Hob In India.
- And Much More…..
A Kitchen Hob is the advanced version of a Traditional Gas Stove Or Cooktop. The concept of kitchen hobs (Hobtops) is new and also very trending in India. So it is the best time to buy a perfect hob to get various smart features, comfort & give a premium look to your kitchen.
With so many models and different brands, finding the best kitchen hobs in India becomes cumbersome to narrow down to that one perfect hob for your kitchen. Don’t worry, our Buying Guide (Below The Best Kitchen Hobs In India Reviews) will take you through the different best kitchen hobs in India offerings with their exact specifications and features to let you buy with confidence.
Installing the perfect kitchen appliances can help in improving efficiency. And so choosing the right appliances and positioning them at the right place makes the kitchen designing task a success. Checking and comparing the different best kitchen hobs in India and their features will aid in selecting the apt appliance for your sweet home.
Safety Points While Using Gas Hob
Few safety points you must consider while using your kitchen hob(Especially if you are using the latest & trending glass gas hobs), otherwise the glass of the kitchen hob may break or blast. Consider these below things for making your kitchen hob last longer.
- Do not clean your hob with a wet cloth just after cooking or when the glass of the hob is hot.
- The flame should always be in the burner and shouldn’t touch nearby areas or any other part of the hob. If this happens, you should immediately call the service center person.
- Please do not force the knobs inside to ignite the burners.
- If you are using a glass hob top, don’t put very heavy utensils to cook restaurant-style food.
#TOP 3 FAVORITES FROM OUR LIST
We have chosen these 3 Best Kitchen Hobs In India based on market research, customer reviews, best features & specifications that are perfect for Indian cooking requirements.
As you can see, here we selected different best burners hob: 2 Burner Hob, 3 Burner Hob & 4 Burner Hob.
1. Glen 1022 SQ HT DB 2 Burner – 2 Burner Hob
2. Glen 1063 SQ Glass 3 Burner Auto Ignition Built-in Hob – 3 Burner Hob
3. IBELL 590GH Hob 4 Burner Top Gas Stove – 4 Burner Hob
Points 2 Consider Before Buying A kitchen Hob
Let us get into the details of how you can buy the best hob in India for your kitchen. Check out these factors that help you make an informed choice.
Number Of Burners:
- For 3 To 4 Members: 3 Burner Hob.
- For More Than 6 Members: 5 Burner Hob.
Type Of Burners:
- Always Select Brass Burners For Indian Cooking.
2. Hob Material
- Toughened Glass For Home Cooking. Consider 8 mm toughened glass to avoid accidental breaks.
- Stainless Steel if you are making restaurant-style food at home like Tandoori roti, Roomali roti, etc.
3. Strong PAN Support
Choose strong PAN support to put heavy utensils like khadai, cooker, etc.
4. Space Between Burners
There should always be proper space between burners, otherwise, you can’t put your big vessels on the burners at the same time. Forex: If you have 4 burner stoves & you can’t cook on those 4 burners at the same time, what is the use of buying 4 burners gas hob?
5. Auto Ignition
Consider the auto-ignition feature. Now Electric Ignition Or Battery Operated Auto Ignition?
- Electric Ignition runs and is controlled through electricity.
- Battery-operated auto-ignition uses a battery to ignite the burners. In this, battery replacement is required from time to time. In case of a dead battery, you can ignite the burners through a lighter or matchstick.
So you can decide according to your requirement whether you want electric ignition or battery-operated auto-ignition.
6. Safety Feature
Please consider the flame failure device in your hob.
7. Heat Control
To make a perfect dish, the right hob plays a vital role. A hob that gives complete heat control will be so convenient for cooking. Similarly, the hob that heats fast and distributes uniform heat can make your cooking just perfect and easy.
Best Kitchen Hobs In India
Best Kitchen Hobs In India Reviews
1. Glen 1022 SQ HT DB 2 Burner – 2 Burner Hob
Best Gas Hob In India With 2 Burners.
Is Glen An Indian Brand?
Glen is an Indian company founded in the year 1999 and its headquarters is in Faridabad, Haryana. It has grown into a major brand in the Indian market in appliances like chimneys, cooking ranges, cooktops, kitchen hobs, and other small appliances. Its products match international standards and service is also good.
Detailed Glen 2 Burner Hob Review In India:
- Size: 660 x 330 mm.
- Burners: 2 Brass burners.
- Material: Toughened glass top.
- This device can be used as a built-in hob or hob top. This means you can put this hob on your countertop or use it as a built-in hob.
Its strong PAN support is capable enough to handle all Indian heavy cookware.
Enough space between burners to cook your food conveniently without any hassle.
Perfect brass burners with double ring flame & forged technology are great for Indian cooking.
Battery operated auto-ignition, you need to replace the battery at a certain period of time. If there is a problem with the battery, you can still ignite the burners through a matchstick or a lighter.
- Toughened glass for perfect security & safety.
- Strong & sturdy knobs.
- The gas valve is for no leakage & flame control.
- As per research, it supports LPG gas but it can be convertible to PNG as per demand.
- No flame failure device.
How This Glen Hob Is Different From Other Hobs?
- It is 2 burner gas hob.
Best for small families who want all the modern features of a gas stove.
2. Bosch Built-in Gas Hob POH6B6B101 – 4 Burner Hob
Best Gas Hob In India With 4 Burners.
Is Bosch Hob Good?
Bosch brand is a multinational company selling products from automobile parts to kitchen hobs. Their product range is very diverse and they have maintained the famed German efficiency consistently since their inception in the year 1886 in the city of Stuttgart.
Detailed Bosch Hob Review In India:
- Size: 59 x 52 x 4.5 cm.
- Burners: 4 burners.
- Material: Alloy steel, Glass.
- The name and the work of 4 burners are different. 1 Wok burner, 1 economy burner, and 2 standard burners. Wok burner is for Sauteing (Frying food quickly) because of the high flame, the Economy burner is used for Tadka mostly as the burner has a smaller flame, & other 2 standard burners are for Normal Cooking.
It supports dual fuel meaning it can run on gas as well as a liquid fuel.
Flame failure safety device is for your protection. The hob cuts off the gas supply automatically in case of milk spillage, windy environment, etc. So there will be no leakage.
It also features single-handed ignition via control knobs. It also features control knobs on the side which makes it easier for the user to operate as nothing comes in between.
Electric ignition means the electric wire is permanently connected to a socket. Thus you don’t need to change anything again & again.
- It is a nice-looking kitchen hob with black glass which can seamlessly integrate into any kitchen.
- The sword control knobs are placed on the side and are big in size which enhances their ease of usability.
- The top panel is made up of black toughened glass.
- Full-sized kitchen hob.
- Sometimes you may get a late response from the installation team.
How This Bosch Hob Is Different From Other Hobs?
- You can use this hob in both ways electrically and manually because apart from the electric ignition, this bosch hob can also run on gas. So, in case of electric failure, you easily can turn on the burners through a lighter or a matchstick.
- Its Wok burner gives you the privilege to cook like a restaurant. Because Wok burner has a very high flame to prepare food deeply & quickly and you usually find this burner in Dhaba, restaurants, etc
- Flame failure safety device.
If you are looking for the most advanced hob with all modern features and for different cooking purposes at a fancy price, please consider it.
3. Glen 1063 SQ Glass 3 Burner Auto Ignition Built-in Hob – 3 Burner Hob
Best Hob For Indian Cooking With 3 Burners.
Glen Brand Review
See the 1st Glen Hob, you will get a detailed description of Glen Brand.
Detailed Glen Built-in Hob Review In India:
- Size: 89.99 x 54.99 x 54.99 cm.
- Burners: 3 Brass burners, 2 big and 1 small.
- Material: Toughened glass top.
- Forged brass burners and double ring flame aids in cooking your food efficiently and quickly.
It is specially modeled for the Indian kitchen and also features extra-strong MS pan supports for large pots useful in big gatherings.
This full-sized kitchen hob features an 8 mm thick black colored toughened glass top which provides it a modern look.
It features integrated auto-ignition (Battery Operated Auto Ignition). There is a battery replacement required after a certain period of time. But the good news is you are not bound to run the battery to ignite the burners. There is also a facility to manually run this gas hob.
There is enough space between the burners to cook on all three burners easily at a time.
- This kitchen hob is perfect for a family who enjoys traditional meals as its flame and structure are made to suit the Indian style of cooking.
- Its knobs are placed on the side as not to interfere with cooking.
- Italian gas valve helps to use gas more efficiently as well as providing top-of-the-line security.
- Its top glass is scratch-resistant.
- It has got only 3 knobs whereas in this price range you can get 4 knobs from its competitors.
How This Glen Hob Is Different From Other Hobs?
- The burners & strong of this hob are specially designed according to Indian cooking.
If you are an Indian family with 3 to 4 burners, you should blindly go for this hob.
4. IBELL 590GH Hob 4 Burner Top Gas Stove – 4 Burner Hob
Best Hob In India With 4 Burners.
About The Ibell Brand
Ibell is another Indian company that is making its place in the national market thanks to its innovative and reliable products. They are based in Kerala but provide their services pan India.
Detailed IBELL Hob Review In India:
- Size: 80.6 x 56.2 x 19.4 cm.
- Burners: 4 Brass burners, 2 large & 2 small burners.
- Material: Toughened glass.
- The top panel is made up of 7 mm black toughened glass with heat & scratch resistance which is easy to clean. We prefer 8mm toughened glass and this hobtop has 7 mm glass. But this Ibell kitchen gas hob has a stainless steel body with toughened glass.
Ergonomically knobs are for your ease and they also look super fancy. The design of the knobs in such a way that you can easily control the flames.
This hobtop is a battery-powered auto-ignition. This means there is a battery inside through which you can ignite the burners automatically without any manual intervention. Battery replacement is required after a certain period of time.
Its burners are also designed to produce maximum flame while consuming low fuel. Controlling the flame from high to low and low to high is very convenient.
Cast iron PAN support is specially made for putting heavy pans and pots. So you can easily enjoy cooking with heavy vessels.
- A full-sized kitchen hob with a 1-year standard warranty and 4 years warranty on the burner, valve, and glass on free registration.
- The brass burners and pan supports are of high quality which is suitable for Indian dishes.
- It is a stylish-looking one of the best kitchen hobs in India with a practical design with 16 kg weight.
- Also, it is a growing company so service and installation can prove to be a cumbersome process so we advise you to first locate their service center nearby to you.
How This Ibell Hob Is Different From Other Hobs?
- Low fuel consumption.
You won’t find the same features at this affordable price in other brands. So you are getting everything you need for cooking at the best price range.
5. Faber Hob/Hobtop – 3 Burner Hob
Best Hob In India With 3 Brass Burners.
Is Faber A Good Brand?
Faber is a multinational company headquartered in Italy and is founded in the year 1955. They have a lot of experience and offer a diverse range of products.
Detailed Faber Hob Review In India:
- Size: 59.5 x 52.5 x 13 cm.
- Burners: 3 Brass burners, one is big of 2.5 KW and 2 are small of 1.5 KW.
- Material: Toughened glass.
- Black enameled burners which give it an aesthetically pleasing look.
It also features heavy-duty pan supports which can withstand heavyweights.
A full-sized kitchen hob with a 1-year warranty.
Its ignition is auto electric and it features an 8 mm thick toughened glass top.
- Nice design and it looks premium.
- The toughened glass is also heavy-duty and scratch-resistant.
- Durable metal knobs.
- It has only 1 big burner so it can be a problem for many families as in India the family size is generally large.
How This Faber Hob/Hobtop Is Different From Other Hobs?
- Heavy-duty PAN support is specially designed for keeping heavy Indian cookware.
Consider this Faber hob if you are looking for a small hob for your small kitchen or space.
Compare Gas Hobs (Faber Or Glen)
If you compare this Faber Hob with Glen Hob (2nd Hob in the list), you will get the almost same price and same features. Both are specially designed for Indian cooking with very good brass burners and strong PAN support (That is best for putting heavy Indian cookware).
So go for the Glen hob (2nd one on the list), if you want a double-ring flame on each burner (provide slightly high flame) & a gas valve feature to control the flame and also avoid the leakage problem.
You will get everything you need as per the Indian requirement in this small Faber hob (5th Hob From This List) that is perfect for small apartments.
6. Kaff CRH 603 Built-in Hob – 3 Burner Hob
One of the Best Kitchen Hobs In India from the Kaff brand.
Is Kaff An Indian Brand?
Kaff is the most trusted Indian brand. The company provides the latest appliances in a wide range as per your needs. The brand Kaff maintains hygiene and provides you the advanced appliances.
Detailed Kaff Hob Review In India:
- Size: 52.5 x 59.5 x 7 CM.
- Burners: 3 Fire burners.
- Material: Tempered glass.
- The combination of 1 triple ring and 2 dual ring burners satisfies all your cooking requirements.
8 mm tempered glass is for safety purposes. This thick glass is heat resistant, scratch resistant, strong, and durable.
The metal knobs are equipped with auto-ignition that automatically ignites the burners.
- Triple ring burner for fast cooking.
- Large kitchen hob.
- Enamelled pan support.
- Durable and long-lasting hob.
- Only 1 triple ring burner. You will get 2 triple ring burners in this price range if you compare other best kitchen hobs in India.
How This KAFF Hob Is Different From Other Hobs?
- Triple ring burner that you don’t find in other hobs in the list.
The combination of triple and dual-ring burners gives you fast cooking results.
7. BLOWHOT Orion Gas Hob Auto Ignition – 4 Burner Hob
Best Hob In India with a 5-year warranty.
About Blowhot Brand
Blowhot kitchen appliances are specifically designed for fulfilling Indian requirements. The company is 58 years old and was incorporated in 1963.
Detailed Blowhot Hob Review In India:
- Size : 80 * 57.6 * 20.2 cm.
- Burners: 4 brass burners.
- Material: Toughened glass.
- Two triple ring burners that are specifically designed for Indian cooking.
There is a special Auto-ignition feature that ignites all 4 burners automatically without the need of a matchstick.
The security device called flame failure is for security purposes. This device prevents or cuts off the flame in case of any LPG leakage.
Cast iron support that is capable of bearing heavy loads.
8 mm elegant and beautiful Beveled edges are perfect for Indian cooking.
- Best 4 burner hob in India that is perfect for Indian cooking.
- The brass burners are heat-resistant and durable.
- Made in India hob.
- 75 Cm toughened glass top.
- Other brands (Listed Above) are more popular than Blowhot.
How This BLOWHOT Hob Is Different From Other Hobs?
- 5 years warranty.
Best for those who are obsessed with Made In India products.
8. Faber Hob/Hobtop 5 Brass Burner – 5 Burner Hob
- Size: 865 * 525 * 130 mm.
- Burners: 5 brass burners.
- Material: Toughened glass.
- The burners are made from brass are safe, provide uniform heat & perfect for Indian cooking. Because of the perfect burners’ size, the splashes of oil don’t fall around the pan.
Auto ignition feature provides the ease to ignite the burners automatically without any external source such as Lighter or matchstick.
The Pan support is made of strong cast iron that allows you to put the utensils properly. They are removable so you can easily clean them whenever you want.
Long-lasting, durable, scratch & heat resistant tempered glass finish.
- Premium quality knobs.
- Great performance of burners.
- 8 mm thick glass for protection.
How This Faber Hob Is Different From Other Hobs?
- 5 burner hob.
Best for large families.
Best Kitchen Hobs In India Buying Guide
1. How To Choose A Hob
1.1. Number Of Burners
One of the essential factors to consider is to check the number of burners. Choosing the right number of burners can help you to choose the right kitchen hob.
For a family with 3 to 4 members, a hob with a maximum of 3 burners will be apt. Similarly, a family with more than six members may need a hob with 5 burners for a comfortable cooking experience.
1.2. Type Of Burners
You will find two types of burners in built-in hob these days: Brass & Italian burners.
You should always select Brass Burners. Because these burners provide high flame & consume low gas. On the other hand, there is high gas consumption & low flame in Italian burners.
1.3. Hob Material
There are two types of hobs in India (in terms of material): Stainless steel & toughened glass top.
- For heavy uses at home like making Tandoori roti, Roomali roti. And use a Gas oven or Gas Tandoor, you must buy a stainless steel built-in hob.
- If you don’t cook the above dishes or restaurant-style food at home, consider buying toughened glass top built-in hob.
1.4. Auto Ignition
Auto Ignition facility is a must to look for while considering a kitchen hob. Most of the brands offer the best kitchen hobs in India with auto-ignition. This will help to avoid the use of lighters and make your cooking simple and easy.
1.5. Safety Features
Any gas or electrical kitchen hob should be installed only by the advice of a registered technical expert. Most of the renowned brands offer products that meet international safety standards.
As you know, hobs get heated fast, and so, standard safety features can help you and the family be safe. The latest best kitchen hobs in India come with a flame failure safety device that will instantly cut off the gas supply if the flame goes off.
2. Gas Stove Vs Hob
A gas stove is a free-standing unit whereas a kitchen hob is integrated into the countertop of the kitchen. They perform the same function but the kitchen hob is better as it lies at the level of your countertop so it becomes just easier to get work done more easily on it.
Moreover, hobs also look aesthetically more pleasing and offer a much wider range of features as compared to a gas stove. The biggest plus point of a gas stove is its mobility; apart from that kitchen hob is generally better than them.
3. Types Of Best Kitchen Hobs In India
You have different types of best Kitchen hobs in India available in the market. Understanding these different hob types will help you pick the right one for the kitchen.
The major offering of the best kitchen hobs in India include
3.1. Gas Hobs
Gas Hob Or Hobtop is the easiest to use and convenient hob one can buy. They are available in the standard versions with steel and glass tops that are easy to maintain. In this type, the hob is well fitted on the perfect level on the counter, and then it does not move or protrude.
Autoignition feature is the major attraction in these hobs that makes it easy to light the burners in just a twist. Comparatively, they are considered much safer as they are designed to meet international safety standards. With gas hobs, you can ensure uniform heating and each burner comes with separate heat control.
- Gas Hobs produce instant and uniform flame, hence are more efficient and cooking becomes very easy.
- Convenient operation as each knob has a Separate heat control.
- Smooth and Stylish yet much cheaper than other types of hobs in the market.
- Best hob for Indian cooking because this is best for deep frying and cooking spicy food.
- Gas Hobs have several pieces which make the cleaning process a bit difficult and time-consuming.
3.1.1.Types Of Gas Hobs
- Free Standing Hob
- Built-in Hob.
188.8.131.52. Free Standing Hob
You can use Free Standing hob as a hob (Gas Hob Or Hob Top) or as a cooktop (Gas Stove). There is no requirement of cutting your kitchen slap to install these kinds of hobs.
Check 5th Hob in our list to see the details of the Free Standing hob.
184.108.40.206. Built-in Hob
As the name suggests, there is a need to cut the slap to install this type of hob in your kitchen.
3.2. Electric Hobs
Electric Hobs use traditional electric plates for heating. They are comparatively inexpensive, and you can easily find many cheap budget-friendly options for these kitchen hobs. They come in different types and styles. The most preferred are the ceramic ones.
- Electric Hobs are more energy-efficient hobs compared to conventional gas stoves.
- More Safer than conventional hobs.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- These are slow to heat up and slow to cool down.
- Power cuts can be a turn down for these electric hobs.
Types Of Electric Hobs
- Electric Ceramic Hob.
- Electric Induction Hob.
- Electric Induction Domino Hob.
3.2.1. Electric Ceramic Hob
Ceramic Hobs are the most stylish and efficient option among the various type of hobs. They come with the most stylish designs and glass surfaces which go perfectly with any modern kitchen.
Ceramic hobs possess either four or five hobs for cooking. A perfect option for a big family. They are easy to install and maintain. Though they are a bit more expensive than the other types of hobs.
- Quicker to heat up than electric plates
- Aesthetically sleek and stylish
- Easy to clean and requires low maintenance
- Less efficient as the entire cooking hone has to be heated first.
- Slower to heat up as compared to gas and induction hobs
- You can`t be flexible with cooking zones.
3.2.2. Electric Induction Hob
The latest invention of technology introduced a perfect solution for kitchen hobs, and they are Induction Hobs. They can make any cooking just easy and perfect while offering the highest safety features to its customers.
Induction hobs use the electric current for the cooking process. And the highlight is that they don’t generate heat to the surface unless you place a metal object on them.
- It offers the most advanced type of cooking with touch sensitivity and a classy look.
- Cooking is made faster and easier.
- The energy efficiency is just incredible
- Only particular types of pans can be used.
- Comparatively expensive
3.3.3. Electric Induction Domino Hobs
Domino hobs are built-in hobs that provide a seamless look to the kitchen. Though not outright a different type of hob but rather a variant of the hob. This type of hob is very popular among consumers who are concerned with the aesthetics of their space. These hobs are available in ceramic, gas, and induction varieties.
Domino comes with two burners mainly which makes it a preferred selection in a small kitchen space. Designer in looks, a domino hob can make a style statement in a modular kitchen.
- Most of these hobs come with a pulse ignition feature which makes it convenient to light the burners without the lighter or a match stick
- The compact size makes it ideal for small spaces and modular kitchens
- Thousands of style options to choose from.
- Not ideal for a big family
- Like the Conventional Cooktops, these aren’t portable.
- More Expensive
4. Best Hob Brands In India
Here are 5 best kitchen hobs in India brands:
5. Cleaning & maintenance
The kitchen hob requires frequent cleaning after cooking. And so, the designs and the hob should be easily accessed to make the cleaning process easy as it’s a daily task. Check for the hob type that eases in the cleaning process. Here, Ceramic Hobs are comparatively much easier to clean and maintain.
That’s it for the best kitchen hobs in India. We really feel after reading the above information, you will land on the right page and buy that much-needed best hob in India for yourself.
- Best Chimney Brand In India
- Elica Strip Bf 60 Nero Chimney Review
- Best Dishwasher In India Review
- Best Washing Machine In India Review
- 13 Latest & Best AC In India
Deals & Discounts At Amazon