Updated On September 9th, 2022
Check the below video from my YouTube channel PrideInWear for selecting the kitchen chimney size perfectly. If you are interested to read about it, go ahead with the article.
Choosing the right kitchen chimney size is important to get the perfect performance. For that, you have to measure your gas stove or kitchen hob either in CM, Feet, Or Inch. And then you should select your chimney accordingly.
Let’s understand the kitchen chimney size in CM, Feet & Inches:
Table of Contents
Kitchen Chimney Size In CM
- Generally, the standard kitchen chimney sizes are 60 CM & 90 CM in the Indian market.
- Sometimes, you may find 75 CM chimneys also but we don’t recommend this size.
Kitchen Chimney Size In Feet
You already know the common kitchen chimney sizes 60 CM & 90 CM so convert it in feet:
- A 60 CM chimney is 2 feet after converting.
- And a 90 CM chimney is 3 feet after conversion.
Kitchen Chimney Size In Inch
Again, we are now converting 60 CM & 90 CM chimneys into inches:
- A 60 CM chimney is a 24-inch chimney after converting into an inch.
- And a 90 CM chimney is 36 inches.
1. Kitchen Chimney Size General Rule
The general rule is:
- You can select a 60 CM chimney for 2 to 4 burner gas stoves.
- And a 90 CM chimney for 3 to 5 burner stoves.
|2 To 4
|3 To 5
2. Kitchen Chimney Size As Per Market Research
As per our market research offline in Bareilly & Dehradun Kitchen Chimney shops, we got to know the following rules:
- To get the best performance, a 60 CM chimney is best for 2 burner gas stoves.
- If you have less space to install the kitchen chimney, go for a 60 CM chimney for your 3 burner gas stoves. But for that, you have to choose a double baffle filter chimney with high suction power.
- Get the 90 CM chimney for 3 to 5 burner gas stoves with sufficient suction 1200 m3/hr.
- For getting the perfect performance, select a 90 CM chimney for 3 to 5 burner gas stoves with high suction power like 1500 m3/hr.
Check out the final formula that will never fail for selecting the kitchen chimney size:
3. Kitchen Chimney Size Selection
Wondering, how to select a kitchen chimney size properly?
Here is the final formula:
A kitchen chimney size should always be bigger than your gas stove or kitchen hob (could be equal if you don’t have enough space for installing the kitchen chimney). For that, you have to measure the size of your gas stove with Inchi Tape.
You can select your gas stove size in CM, Feet, Or Inches with the help of Inchi Tape and select the chimney according to that. Of course, you don’t need to confuse, all the general kitchen chimney sizes are available in this article.
Meanwhile, you might be interested to know about the Best 4 Burner Gas Stoves In India With Buying Guide, check here for detailed information.
- If the size of your cooktop is less than 60 CM, you should go for a 60 CM kitchen chimney. And if your gas stove is 65 CM in terms of width, select the 90 CM chimney.
- And if the size of your gas stove is less than 90 CM, go for a 90 CM Chimney Or if your gas stove is 2.5 feet, your chimney should be 3 feet or 90 CM wide.
If You Find The Less Area To INSTALL THE KITCHEN CHIMNEY, You Can Follow The Below Rule,
- You can choose a 60 CM Chimney if your gas stove is also 60 CM. But don’t choose a 60 CM chimney for your bigger gas stove size like 65 CM, 75 CM, 90 CM gas stove.
Note: Apart from 60 CM chimneys and 90 CM chimneys, you will also see 75 CM chimneys sometimes in the Indian market. But we don’t find the best 75 CM kitchen chimneys from the best kitchen chimney brands that’s why we are not covering 75 CM kitchen chimney size in this article.
Last But Not The Least
The 60 CM and 90 CM chimneys are available in different shapes & Designs. So check the burners and decide your kitchen chimney size (60 CM or 90 CM) first and if you find less area to install the kitchen chimney, don’t worry. Consider the below points:
First of all, your chimney size will remain the same whether you choose a 60 CM or 90 CM chimney according to the number of gas stove burners (Through The Above Methods).
- Now, after choosing the kitchen chimney size, check the area above the gas stove(where you want to install the chimney). If you have enough space, you can easily select any shape of the chimney (Like 1st picture. You can see the below wall-mounted chimney, there is a lot of width of this chimney).
- And if you don’t find enough space above the gas stove to install the chimney, check out this pyramid chimney shape. This chimney shape has less width than the above one (Picture 1: Wall-mounted Chimney).
Calculate The Size Of The Area Where It Needs To Be Installed
Figure out the size of the area where it needs to be installed. The opening and chimney pipe must extend at least three inches through the roof to allow for venting. If this rule isn’t followed, there would be a possibility that cooking fumes will not have an adequate means of escaping once they are generated.
Choosing the right chimney size for your kitchen can be a daunting task. All these numbers and factors need to be considered when deciding on the size of your chimney. We have explained all the factors you need to consider while choosing a chimney for your kitchen and how they come together to determine the right size. Hope it helps you to choose the best suitable size of the chimney for your kitchen.
You can choose any method (mentioned above ) for selecting the kitchen chimney size. But we recommend paying attention to the method (Kitchen Chimney Size Selection) if you want to buy a perfect chimney for your kitchen.
- Best Faber Chimney In India
- How To Clean A Kitchen Chimney?
- Elica Strip Nero Kitchen Chimney
- Elica Latest Kitchen Chimney Review
- Eurodomo Chimney Reviews
I often visit showrooms & shoot outdoor for providing you the valuable information, honest product reviews, and showing live product demos. Leave comments in the comment box if you have any questions, your questions will be answered properly here. In case you won’t get your answer that means we will confirm the answer after visiting the showroom. So stay tuned with me to get genuine answers on this website and my YouTube Channel (PrideInWear).